Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A touch of Yellow

Image via Country Home

Today I was admiring this collection of images I have in my ever expanding files and the way the neutral tones have been punctuated with a touch of Yellow. By adding some beautiful flowers or some cushions and accessories can change the look of the room without causing much damage to the bank account!

Image via Elle Decor

House Beautiful via Porchlight Interiors


I adore painted furniture and thought this yellow cabinet was very cute!

Image via Country Living

11 comments:

mondocherry said...

Those touches of yellow certainly make me feel as though spring is in the air. Very fresh! And that cabinet is very cute and such a feature in yellow.
Clare

Millie said...

Lovely post, good to see yellow getting some well deserved attention!
Millie ^_^

Brown Button Trading said...

The yellow cabinet is delicious!

Anonymous said...

I fell in love with "just a touch of yellow" when I saw "Maria" in West Side Story as a young girl. Wonderful how it still captivates. Lovely, Ginny

Eileen said...

Love the photos in your post today! I never list yellow up there on top when I'm thinking about colors that I like, but if I look around my home yellow is everywhere. That is a great cabinet!

cotedetexas said...

love the yellow with the grays - very beautiful!

Emma said...

I can't believe I never really look for yellow - I am more drawn to reds and blues but this has really opened my eyes to a new hue! As if I need another excuse to redecorate!

Chubby Chieque said...

I guess yellow is a nice combination to any color, ain't it?

Love all your pieces of yellow post.

ENjoy your day, ahead.

Viera said...

It always amazes me how yellow and blue reinvent.
Love it

Ness Lockyer said...

I love the last photo...it has given me a great idea. Ta! Ness xx

Vanya Wilkinson said...

Hi I have just discovered and am enjoying your blog, an interesting electic mix of images; I especially love this kitchen - divine!